Saturday, December 08, 2007

Mail from up above

Past few weeks had been really demanding and it was not possible to actually put in a decent post. Could only manage few peeks at known blogs but other than that the weeks just flew past. Was checking out the Google Reader - what an amazing tool that saves so much time!

To continue from the Kolkata trip, all the tension and demonstrations quietened down by the same night and still I was amazed at the response of the taxi driver who was to take me to the airport the next day morning. He actually drove to the hotel on the previous night itself and assured me that since he has already parked his car and himself at the hotel itself I can sleep comfortably during the night! This is great customer service. And as luck would have it, our drive to the airport at 5 AM in the morning went quite smooth though we had to drive through the curfew affected areas.

The next stop was Guwahati...and memories flew at me with the same speed as the landing craft. I have spent quite a few years in Assam before moving down South. The moment I landed flipped on my mobile eagerly to dial a lot of numbers....shock...no network for Tata Indicom in Assam :( That finding is the biggest disappointment in recent times. But the ever delicious Tenga with fish more than made up for the disappointment.

The next two days at Delhi went smooth...only I wasn't prepared for the cold evenings and in the outdoor gathering I couldn't leave my seat beside the huge stand having glowing coals throughout the party.

Coming back home, the cold had set in and even till today it is getting chill by the day.

With all the travel and stays at hotels, this anecdote in the in-flight magazine of Spice Jet lightened up quite a bit


Wrong mail ID
"
A man checked into a hotel on a business trip. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send email to his wife who was expected to join him at the hotel next day.

Meanwhile, somewhere a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral. She decided to check her eMail, expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message she fainted.

Her son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the mail on the screen:

subject: I have reached safely

I know you are surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now, and we are allowed to send eMails to our loved ones. I've just reached safely and have checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then. Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was...
"

7 comments:

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Hahaha...Nice post :)
I liked the label more.. :)

Deepa said...

lol..
thats one place man has been trying to get-in and get-out as well

Kumar said...

@Ponnarasi - Hi, glad to see you here!

Thanks.

Kumar said...

@Deepa - How are you doing?

Your poem on Billion Beats is great and inspiring!

Deepa said...

Great, Thanks kumar
Appreciations such as these just keeps me going .. :-)

Itz me!!! said...

ooh!!...scary!!!!!perhaps a mystery of life after death unravelled

Kumar said...

Ha..Ha..looks like that!
Thanks.

Good to see you here.

You got a nice blog. Enjoyed your writing style and the sense of humour.