Friday, October 02, 2009

Simplicity


Today is his day. His strength was simplicity but his plans were far more than just being simple. He had the whole world at his feet...he still gets them there.

I don't know much about him. There is another person who is closer to me than him. This person wears a shirt, yes. He wears a pair of slippers while going out and his goals are not as grand as that of our nation's father...And to me, he is the simplest person on this earth. I haven't met a more simpler, down to earth person than him. I am talking about my father.

I know two simple people.
One is of course the Mahatma.
The other one is someone who can give his life for me.

Today, I am glad to have reached my native place and am thoroughly enjoying his company. The more time I spend with him, the more I am getting convinced that I have complicated my life due to the numerous wants & wishes and have complicated my life over the years.

Here is raising a toast to the two simple humans I know...one not so well...and specially to the other one, who is such a major part of my life but from whom I have mentally drifted away over these years.

I am determined to take a goal or two...back with me to Bangalore...and make my life more meaningful.

2 comments:

Priya said...

Such a nice post and good for you. We never realize the importance when close, but staying faraway and missing family is something beyond words.

Kumar said...

Right, Priya. Hoping to make better efforts to bridge the gap.